I was thinking the other day about some of the people that I come across on a regular basis. I’ve written about several of them within this blog. All of them are part of what makes up the content of my life. I do not have a top ten favorite people list but there are some that improve my life every time I see or talk to them. Not in any particular order, here are a few;
- Steve is an educator and an ordained pastor. I’ve known him I’d guess ten years now. He had a huge hand in educating my two sons and is one my closest friends. He is one of those people that you can call day or night for anything. He is a loyal friend and my life is much enriched by his friendship.
- I don’t know Charlotte very well. She is a greeter at the grocery store that my wife and I go to. She is retired from somewhere else and I imagine that this greeter job allows her to be out and about. I have never seen her without a smile on her face and she never fails to bring one to mine.
- Byron is a financial planner uptown. He is very good at what he does and I imagine his clients know that. My experience with him is as a man of integrity and an honest desire to do right by his clients. He is one of the best men I know.
- Erin does my taxes and she is my hero. It is not because she saved me a lot of money this year but because I genuinely like her. She’s what I call “good people.” Erin is getting married this year. Out there is one really lucky man.
- Bob is a missionary in Washington D.C. with a ministry called Christian Embassy. He and I served together in the Army many years ago. He loves his God and his Sheila with all his heart. There are not many men devoted to their cause as Bob is and I am very fortunate to call him my friend.
- Ellen is my speech coach and just by virtue of that she should be a candidate for canonization! She has been a constant source of encouragement to me. She has a heart for people and families dealing with Alzheimer’s. My regard for her knows no bounds.
This is just a small sample of the people that move through my life. For these and many others, I am grateful. So, why am I telling you this? Look around your world at the people that make up your life. They are a gift to you. Are you a gift to them?